09 November, 2009

One Month of School To Go...Loving IRC

I noticed that in my recent posts that I was very bracket happy. But in my defense, grammar [was not] at fault. Yay English humor! *Puts hand up* Anyone? Anyone? Saxophone. I, most likely, am using them wrong majority of the times and almost all my posts have some terrible sentences. I say "majority" and "almost" because I gotta give myself some credit for making things easy on the eyes, and the brain...sometimes the heart. Awww...

Well, after reading Taylor's Blog, I noticed that I have some pictures from IRC that I would like to share. It has been really fun and at times I feel like stealing the children away, I could say kidnapping but that's a pretty harsh word. Adorable kids? Yes. Pedophile like? Maybe. Will I go on with the plan? No. They have families to go home to and I my masculinity. *Looks in mirror, flexes, and winks at self*.......Who am I kidding though? I can be the most childish person in the world and these arms aren't able to carry nothin', not even my dignity. *Hangs head in shame* This week's new use of Typography, Asterisks! *Applause*

At IRC last week, we taught the kids about time. The little clocks, thanks to Ellie, Kara, and Haley, were a big help. It really helped the kids a lot with where the little and big hands would point to. After giving them the basics, we went on a little scavenger hunt around the library, which quickly became elevator rides. Somehow, that day just stuck out most this session. There are more days to come. But just seeing how happy the kids were and how you could be sucked right into the fun like you yourself were 5 again took you back to how simple things like screaming, jumping, and elevator rides can be the most fun you can have.

Well, anyways, here are some pictures I took at the zoo a couple weeks back.








No comments:

Post a Comment