26 April, 2009

For The Sake Of My Ears...Fix Yourself


Can you guess what the record is?

I'm grateful to have found an RCA Victrola, such a beaut. Everything on the baby works fine..er..well really just the turn-table. The big problem with it, and I've been telling myself to fix it, is the volume doesn't quite work. Which makes the phonograph just an object to be viewed.

Well, there is some sound. That's only if I turn the balance all the way to the left and turn everything else all the way up. I've had my fun with some vinyl records but I may be missing some dialogue on them Macbeth plays. Cursed stereo sound, they didn't have that back in Shakespeare's time.

Anywhoo, I finally got to opening the baby up. Dusty, very very dusty. After cleaning it and inspecting it some more, it's not anything of loose wiring's that can be easily fixed. So we're gonna have to have someone look at it. Which brings me to this weeks "Bitch of the Week!"

Drum roll, please...........................aaannnddd this weeks bitch is..........Shitty Wiring!


This is how robot organs look like

If you were in my shoes, then you'd understand. I just want this baby to be fixed, is that soo much to ask? and to have it moved downstairs and the place cleaned up and the entertainment center shifted a little to the left and to turn the guest room into a sewing room? Maybe a little overboard, but it's not something that can't be on my list of goals for the summer! One more week basically! HOORAY! Now I need a shower...go ahead, fantasies about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment