22 June, 2009

Gonna Try To Make My Drums Playable Again...

I've decided to clean up my dusty ol' drum set and get it back to a decent condition. It's prolly decent enough as it is but I can do with new heads, last I've changed them was at least five years ago. How they have lasted that long still boggles my mind. Way to go Aquarians.

As for the cymbals, they've taken quite a beating. Funny thing is, the only cymbals that got to cracking are the ones that were on inadequate stands. My opinion, Argent can't build a proper stand for cymbals. I can't argue though, because my brother bought me the set and everything else sounds fine. Now, even though its been dealt with (or complained about) through the course of owning the stands, I regret not stopping when I had the chance. Other stands could have been purchased at semi-reasonable prices, but when you wanna play the drums, the whole neighborhood knows it. With all the itchings of getting behind the set, I introduce you to this week's Bitch of the Week! Today, I'll fill in on the drum roll.....................This week's bitch is: harrowing hi-hat stands! (Applause)



Now now, this is partially my fault, but lets consider the fact that these cymbals can be high priced and with the problem of laziness...the stand is at fault. But at this point we can only hope that this kind of incident will be prevented in the years to come. (Unless we don't make it past 2012, then till then.)

No comments:

Post a Comment