28 June, 2009

IRC



This summer I've been volunteering at the IRC (International Rescue Committee) helping refugees learn and experience the culture here in America, and no, not like McDonald's and our problem with obesity. So far, we have played some games to get to know each others names, made collages of our culture and what we like, and this last week we were able to go to Tracy Aviary. This is something I look forward to every Tuesday and Thursday, though sometimes I don't feel like I'm doing much to help them, but it's fun to get to know the kids. I am glad Ellie asked me to volunteer. Honestly, at first I was hesitant on the idea of taking time out of my week to volunteer but it has been a wonderful three weeks so far! I am blessed to be able to do this and I encourage others to do the same. Who knows? The experience may be life changing.










No comments:

Post a Comment